After one data breach and an $18.5 million multi-state settlement, one retail giant became well aware of the real-life consequences of poor cybersecurity. Target’s infamous 2014 Security Breach leaked payment information from up to 70 million customers nationwide and is now recognized as one of the worst security attacks in retail history, all thanks to one unlikely source: the HVAC system.
In our interconnected digital world, one unsecured device –no matter how trivial it may seem– can become the entry point to unimaginable financial loss. With Microsoft ending its support for mobile operating systems, the issue of device security resurfaces once more. Warehouses must quickly select operating systems in order to maintain consistent security parameters and device performance. Unsupported operating systems may lead to:
- Unavailable tech support
- Unstable -and therefore unusable- servers
- Missed security updates
As leaders in enterprise efficiency, ISG Technologies explores consolidated security measures that come as workflows are streamlined through one powerful operating system –Android.
How Consolidation Leads to Better Device Security[caption id="attachment_17862" align="aligncenter" width="1200"] TC51 Scanning a Delivery[/caption]
Managing many disparate assets running on unsupported systems leaves room for data breaches and inefficient processing since security patches are no longer available. While you can upgrade an OS without changing devices, new hardware can boost functionality, productivity and security all through one device. Integrating fortified Android in all its new devices, Zebra Technologies offers multiple consolidation options fit for the modern warehouse. In addition to cost-effective data plans, simplified applications, and manageable repair services, your Android-based consolidation can lead to:
- Easier Onboarding – Running over 80% of consumer phones, Android can lower training times since your workforce will most likely already be familiar with it.
- Simplified App Conversion – Easing application migration, Zebra Technologies includes its own conversion app, All-Touch Terminal Emulation, into its handheld devices, so whether you choose TC5X or TC7X, you can upgrade your green-screen apps right out of the box.
- Expanded Device Longevity – Unlike standard Android OS support, which only lasts for three years, Zebra’s LifeGuard can further extend your device’s protection with recurring security patches up to 10 years.
- Enhanced Security – Protected by government-grade encryption, Zebra’s fortified Android and Mobility Extensions secure any sensitive information accessible through your mobile device.
Choose reliable security when you upgrade your technology through the GO Zebra Trade-In Program. Trade legacy devices from any manufacturer and get cashback towards your next multi-purpose upgrade.
Working as a complete mobile managed services provider, ISG designs consolidation solutions to simplify and secure your mobile lifecycle. Create an efficient migration strategy when you contact us to find the best device that fits your needs today and tomorrow.